Everyone wants to avoid any damage when relocating of stuff. In order to start your preparations to the moving day, you should make sure of availability of all the necessary tools and supplies.
Here is a list of all necessary supplies, which won’t let you forget a thing.
- Boxes – These supplies have a number of sizes and shapes. Choose the appropriate boxes depending on the items, e.g. boxes for books, pictures, fine arts, dishes etc. You may request some boxes at the local stores or buy used boxes.
- Furniture covers or bags. These supplies are used for protection of your furniture when moving. Cover your furniture to avoid any scratches, dents or other possible damages.
- Bubble wrap. It is a very useful tool to protect fragile items. You should wrap the items to prevent any damage.
- Moving ties. These are used to fix furniture and boxes during the transportation.
- Tape. Use it to seal your boxes. It is recommended to attach two layers of tape in order to prevent any break of boxes.
- Markers, packing knife, fragile labelled tape, scissors, rope etc. These supplies will be in use during the final stage of a preparation to move process.
Place heavy items in smaller boxes, and avoid any overfilling. You should place some paper or blankets in the top of each box for better protection of its contents.