The whole moving process can be really exhausting due to all these wrapping, packing, transporting, etc. A good organization and planning will make it smooth and trouble-free.
- Be sparing and do not waste money for boxes, try to find them for free in grocery and other stores.
- Donate the stuff you are not using anymore. You can make a good deed and free some space.
- Make a checklist of actions to be done for moving and follow this list.
- Make photos of your appliances before unplugging
- Prepare a bag with the toiletries, some underwear and clothes. It will be in use for the first time in new place.
- Keep everything in order and try not to mix items from different rooms.
- Egg cartons are good for packing jewelry. Sounds funny, but it is really useful.
- Make some holes in sides of boxes for easier carrying.
- When loading your possessions in a truck, place first the appliances, then furniture against the walls, and the boxes with belongings place in the middle. Try to keep your valuables to yourself to avoid any loss.
These small advices will be quite useful for your relocation. However, sometimes it is better to assign these tasks to professional moving company and have no worries related.